Per Arrow, the Limited Edition package will come with the following extras:
- Brand new 4K restorations of both films from the original negatives by Arrow Films
- High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) presentations of both films
- Three versions of Conan the Barbarian via seamless branching: Theatrical Cut (127 mins), International Cut (129 mins) and Extended Cut (130 mins)
- Newly restored original mono audio and remixed Dolby Atmos surround audio for both films
- Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard-of-hearing on both films
- Archive commentary for Conan the Barbarian by John Milius and Arnold Schwarzenegger
- Archive commentaries for Conan the Destroyer by Richard Fleischer and actors Olivia d’Abo, Tracey Walter and Sarah Douglas
- Brand new commentaries for both films by genre historian Paul M. Sammon
- Newly assembled isolated score tracks in lossless stereo for both films
- Newly filmed interviews for Conan the Barbarian with production artist William Stout, costume designer John Bloomfield, special effects crew members Colin Arthur and Ron Hone, actors Jorge Sanz and Jack Taylor, assistant editor Peck Prior, visual effects animators Peter Kuran and Katherine Kean, filmmaker Robert Eggers (The Northman) and authors John Walsh and Alfio Leotto
- Newly filmed interviews for Conan the Destroyer with Bloomfield and Walsh, casting director Johanna Ray, art director Kevin Phipps and stunt coordinator Vic Armstrong
- Conan Unchained: The Making of Conan, an archive documentary from 2000 featuring interviews with Schwarzenegger, Milius, Stone, Jones, Lopez, Bergman, Poledouris and several others
- Archive bonus features for both films, including interviews with sword master Kiyoshi Yamasaki, writers Roy Thomas & Gerry Conway and Poledouris, outtakes and more
- A Tribute to Basil Poledouris, a series of videos produced by the Úbeda Film Music Festival, including video of Poledouris conducting a concert of music from Conan the Barbarian in 2006 (remixed in 5.1 surround)
- Theatrical trailers and image galleries for both films
- Double-sided fold-out posters for both films
- Twelve double-sided collectors’ postcards
- Illustrated collectors’ booklet featuring new writing by Walter Chaw and John Walsh, and archive set reports for both films by Paul M. Sammon
That’s a pretty sweet package! Here’s a look at the cover art for the 4K The Conan Chronicles: Limited Edition and the overall January slate...
Also, we’ve recently posted a brand new update of our Release Dates & Cover Art section here at The Bits, featuring all the latest Blu-ray, DVD, and 4K Ultra HD titles and Amazon.com pre-order links. So do check that out and remember that anytime you order literally anything from Amazon after clicking though one of our affiliate links, you’re helping to support our work here at the site and we really do appreciate it.
That’s all for today. Have a great weekend and see you back here on Monday!